Stollen storage and shelf life
For maximum enjoyment when eating the stollen, you should pay attention to a few things. Proper storage is crucial for the quality and shelf life of the stollen. Provide cool storage with increased humidity, so the noble Christmas cookies will retain its excellent taste and the necessary moisture for several weeks.
- If possible, store at 50 – 80 % relative humidity.
- The temperature should be in the range between 10 and 18 degrees Celsius.
- Do not expose the cleats directly to sunlight.
- Store in the original carton or tin.
Optimize your purchase date according to the minimum shelf life of the different types of stollen given below!
Minimum shelf life from purchase:
- Dresdner Christstollen ® – Raisin Stollen: at least 16 weeks
- Almond stollen: at least 6 weeks
- Marzipanstollen: at least 6 weeks
- Poppy seed cake: at least 2 weeks
- Poppy seed striezel: at least 2 weeks
This post is also available in: German